Welcome to The Print Curators' Forum
The Print Curators' Forum (PCF) is a group set up to support professionals studying, cataloguing and exhibiting prints of all periods in public collections in the UK and Ireland. Membership is open to curators working in institutions which hold significant print collections.
The forum was set up in 2002 by Christian Rumelin and Craig Hartley and the inaugural meeting was held in the Ashmolean Museum. Each year member institutions host the two-day annual meeting for members. Meetings have been held at the British Museum, The National Gallery of Scotland and The Hunterian Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum, The National Gallery of Ireland, The Museum of London, The National Museum and Gallery of Wales and The School of Art, Aberystwyth, UCL Art Museum, Windsor Royal Print Room and Eton College.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge to support the cataloguing of prints by members
- Exchange information about future displays and exhibitions
- Keep abreast of new developments in collections documentation, conservation, storage shipping, digitalisation and access
- Exchange awareness of collecting ambitions of members
- Provide opportunities to develop collaborative projects, leading to joint grant applications, exhibitions, conferences and publications
- Provide informal opportunities to explore key loan requests between member museums for exhibitions
- Provide advice to museums with collections at risk when requested
- Provide a network for the development and recruitment of curators
- Develop knowledge of British print collections